This was given to me by a trusted and wise person.
What Surrender is Not.
• Resignation, that is simply giving into God’s power but not His love. Resignation is a loss of hope.
• Controlling people and circumstances
• Trying to change or control people in our lives
• Giving up and living in bondage
• Using the old, familiar coping mechanisms.
• Trying harder
• Controlling more
• Achieving with thought to nothing else
• Going after what is owed us
• Depending on myself and others for love, acceptance, worth and security
What surrender IS
• Grabbing the fullness of what God is offering
• Trusting God to do whatever He wants to do in and with our life, regardless of how it might look, always being aware of His love for us and others.
• Yielding to and trusting God’s Plan as he deals with the other people in our lives.
• Yielding to God’s love, wisdom and plan.
• Turning from personal coping mechanisms and trusting God is all decisions, relationships and myself
• Trusting God is who He says He is and who He says we are.
• Forgiving others and releasing them from what we think they owe us.
• Living out who we are, taking each step as God directs and living out of who we are.
• Depending on God instead of myself and others for getting my needs met for love, acceptance, worth and security.