Do you recognize you are in bondage?
The book of Exodus tells the story of the how God delivered the Israelites from slavery at the hand of Pharaoh.
Exodus tells a story about a God who loves His people so much that He reaches down into their bondage and frees them.
The thing about bondage is that it can become a comfortable place, so comfortable that one is often loath to leave. Present surroundings, even when less than perfect, are preferable to a new set of surroundings that can seem foreign, scary and uncertain.
Whatever our bondage, we can find freedom. We can stop sinning and escape the chains that bind us.
Delve into God’s word and pull down the strongholds which bind you. Get a clear picture of who God is and who you are in Christ. Take Jesus words at face value, “You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. God has accepted you just as you are, do you understand what that means? It is the law of grace that is worked out through God’s love for you.
Look closely at any strongholds the enemy is using to hold you in bondage.
• Un-forgiveness (ouch, I am dealing with this right now and it is a biggie)
• Un-repented, uncontested and often repeated sins (for me it is overeating or eating unhealthy food)
• Un-holy ties to the past. For me anyway, this is certainly tied to in-forgiveness also.
• Negative self talk. These words have the power of life or death. Renounce the words that only serve to bind your soul.
• You put your particular stronghold here.
Learn about your authority. You are a child of God and as such you have been given authority over the powers of the enemy. Stand firm. When you want to cut and run back to that from which you have been delivered. Call up your authority and stand firm.
Remember the story of Exodus. God was with Moses as he mobilized and led this mass of humanity out of Egypt. It took fortitude, courage and more than just a little trust as God led them out of Egypt. He wants to lead us to.
Become independent from the lies that bind you. Receive the love that your Father has for you.
…………..and so I ride